PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- – “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- – “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- – “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- – Communicate with you;
- – Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- – When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
You understand that we are asking you for personal information so that we are able to assess and verify information about you and your credit. In order for us to assess and verify your information and your credit position:
- You authorise us to obtain a credit report from a credit reporting service and you understand that the credit reporting service will provide information about you to us and that they will hold information we provide to them in their systems and use it to provide their credit reporting service.
- You understand that we may require you to provide information to a credit decision support service, such as Credit Sense, and you authorise that credit decision support service to share your information and their analysis of your information, with us.
You authorise us to disclose personal information about you to your employer, credit reporting and debt collection agencies in the event of any default in any sum owing to us, and also to any third party making an authorised enquiry about you.
When you sign a Fixed Instalment Credit Contract, you agree:
- that your information held by us may be used by other companies within the group to advise you about other products and services;
- we may obtain, use and disclose any and all your information for the purposes set out above and you further authorise the release to us of any information held by credit reference agencies and credit providers for the purposes set out above;
- we may disclose information held about you to other credit providers, credit reference agencies and any other party that is authorised by you from time to time; and
- we may use a credit reference agency in the future for purposes related to the provision of credit to you.
You authorise us to give our credit reference agency your positive credit information (including repayment history information) and about any default in your payment obligations.
We may contact any Government Departments including, but not limited to, Land Information NZ., Housing NZ., NZ Government Immigration Service, Department of Corrections, Ministry of Social Development (Work & Income), Insolvency & Trustee Service, Land Transport Safety Authority, Ministry of Justice fines database, for the purposes of seeking information about you in the course of taking lawful recovery action for debt/goods supplied. Where the personal information may readily be retrieved, you shall have the access to it together with the right to request correction to information stored and the right to be notified of action taken in response to any such request, subject only to the payment of reasonable fees if requested by us.
To enable us to assess your application for the credit sale, process that application, carry-out our obligations in this agreement and if necessary enforce our rights in this agreement, we need to collect personal information about you. All information we collect in relation to this agreement will be held by us and may also be shared and/or held by credit reporting agencies, our agents, or our professional advisers to the extent they are required to review, use or store the information in the delivery of their services to us. You can contact us by phone, email or post to confirm how you can inspect the information we hold about you, and if you believe any of the information is incorrect, you may request us to correct it.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Our email marketing is permission based. If you received a mailing from us, our records indicate that (a) you have expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future ("opt-in"), or (b) you have registered or purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
If you believe you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com for review.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google .com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google .com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/settings/?tab=ads
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org