UBuy – PS5 giveaway - Terms & Conditions
- 1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If participants do not accept these Terms and Conditions any entry into this competition will be void and/or, if applicable, any prize(s) will be forfeit.
- 2. Promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who are actually living in New Zealand. Employees of the Promoter, its related entities including bodies corporate and franchisees and any agency involved with this Promotion, and the immediate families of all such employees, are not eligible to enter. Immediate families include spouses, children, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- 3. The promotion commences on Wednesday 1st September 2021 and finishes on Thursday 30th September 2021 (“Promotion Period”). No entries will be accepted after the Promotion Period closes. The winner will be drawn Thursday 1st October at 4pm.
- 4. To enter the draw entrants must become a UBuy customer, make a purchase and make their first 2 payments.
- 5. Prize for this promotion: One new Sony PlayStation 5 digital version console. The winner will be randomly drawn. The winner will be notified via the contact details provided for this promotion and must respond to the Promoter to claim their prize. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 24 hours of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, or the winner does not respond to the Promoter’s attempts to contact them the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw. If a prize is not collected it may be deemed forfeit.
- 6. Entrants may enter the promotion every time a new purchase is made.
- 7. The Prize is not transferable, cannot be altered and is not redeemable for cash.
- 8. In the event that the Prize or any part of it becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize. In no circumstances will the Promoter be obligated to do so and no compensation will be payable.
- 9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Any entry with offensive or inappropriate content or language (as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter) will be void.
- 10. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 11. All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 12. The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any prize and these terms and conditions) at any time in its sole discretion.
- 13. Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
- 14. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- 15. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, without compensation, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
- 16. All competition entries become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this Promotion, entrants assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter.
- 17. The winner acknowledges and agrees that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this Promotion and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- 18. The winner agrees that as a condition of their participation in the prize, they may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity in the form provided by the Promoter.
- 19. If a winner cannot accept or take part in the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
- 20. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- 22. Where the promotion is administered on Facebook, Instagram and/or Snapchat entrants and participants in the promotion acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram and/or Snapchat and entrants and participants in the promotion release Facebook, Instagram and/or Snapchat and its associated companies from all liability arising from the promotion.
- 23. The Promoter is UBuy Limited, 6 Findlay Place, Ellerslie, Auckland.
- 24. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change by the Promoter at any time including throughout the Promotion Period.
25. In the event New Zealand or any region in New Zealand is in, remains in, is placed into or changes between Alert Levels 2, 3 or 4 as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic the Promoter reserves the right to:
(a) amend any terms of the Promotion;
(b) suspend, stop, start or re-start, modify, delay or cancel the Promotion including applicable dates as well as any corresponding dates for the redemption of prize(s);
(c) provide prize(s) with alternative applicable dates or alternative prize(s) to the same value as the original prize(s) but without any obligation to do so;
(d) take any other action it may deem necessary; in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice to participants in the promotion. Changes to the promotion pursuant to this clause will be communicated through usual channels as soon as reasonably and commercially practicable but notwithstanding that no notice or communication of any change may have been given any changes made by the Promoter will be valid.
- 26. Entrants can opt out of the competition at any point by emailing their name and account number to email@example.com